The original edifice was built in 1884, and rebuilt in 1906 when it was expanded by adding new parts to the building.
75 metres long, with the ornate front façade overlooking the Main Square, the Grammar school was built in the Hungarian secession style. The Grammar school construction project was done by Berzenczey Domokos, who had won the Golden Diploma for the design at the Paris expo in 1909. This building houses the facilities of three secondary schools: the Grammar school; the School of Economics and Trade; and the Medical High School. The building was completely renovated in 2018.